Best way to store a food supply for the car kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
They melt ... had a packet of Fox's Glacier Fruits do that. Unpretty. That said I have an ancient bag of humbugs among the kit piles which has become a bit of an experiment. I am guessing about 10 years old. I periodically eat one.

Got a little red plastic insulated Coleman in the back of the Forester. Its always in the process of being emptied and refilled. Staple is big bags of pretty basic homemade trailmix plus water and whatever else from the BulkBarn

yeah those foxes ones melt quite readily, I have just whatever is in the supermarket on offer, currently it’s werthers original caramel ones :)

Reactions: Billy-o

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
First the water. I have a 3 gallon water cooler and a 5 gallon one like these

The 3 gallon one is green

I usually have the 3 gallon one in the back of the truck and try to replace the ice every morning. For a longer trip (say cross country or camping) I’ll take the larger one. It’s not exactly just for emergency use but with it there there’s not really any need for a separate supply

Food is another matter. Aside from my lunch or whatever meal I’ve packed for any given special event (fishing trip, tailgating at a sporting event, etc.) I usually keep a few MREs in a small backpack in the locked storage bin behind the cab.

Reactions: Billy-o

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
yeah those foxes ones melt quite readily, I have just whatever is in the supermarket on offer, currently it’s werthers original caramel ones :)

Best ones I've found are the little sugar free butterscotch ones.
No sugar boost, but a nice wee sweetie, especially when your mouth gets dry in the car and you're driving.

Reactions: MrEd

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
.....Food is another matter. Aside from my lunch or whatever meal I’ve packed for any given special event (fishing trip, tailgating at a sporting event, etc.) I usually keep a few MREs in a small backpack in the locked storage bin behind the cab.

I keep a little catalytic stove, 2lt bottles of water, a couple of metal mugs and sachets of hot chocolate, in mine.
A friend and I were stuck in a traffic jam on the M8 (busiest motorway in Scotland) for over three hours. Trish got out of the car and brewed up hot chocolate :)
We'd been working at Balloch Castle all day, we were tired, had talked ourselves hoarse dealing with thousands of people and just wanted home. The hot chocolate hit the spot :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
@Toddy Yeah, I have a small squaddie stove, small Mora, an emergency blanket, some instant coffee, chocolate, and teabags, and a few other non food items as well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE