?! best way to patch a small hole......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
..... in a shoulder bag

this morning i made a very unpleasant discovery: a small hole in the bottom of my beloved edc shoulder bag i purchased last year from bilmo-p5. It's a 5mm partly melted circle with a ca.1.5mm actual hole in the middle. as i'm careful with my belongings and know for sure that i did not have the bag near a fire or other heat source i have only one explanation: a friend of mine (smoker.....) being careless with a hot object near the bag a few days ago---- needless to say i'm somewhat furious and going to pick a bone with him next time i see him!!!:aargh4:

what would be the best way to repair the bag: sew a small patch over the damage or are there better options out there?!

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I'm sure the skin of most smokers could be used to make serviceable leather for a patch on your EDC bag.

On a more serious note, unless you carry very small things, could you maybe just leave it and pretend it's a drainage hole?

Or perhaps consult Bilmo maybe a few patchs on the base of the bag would solve the problem whilst looking like the patchs were integral to the design?

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
I'd just leave it, should make a good drainage hole as said and if it's melted, it won't easily rip either.

... or a Tenacious tape patch inside & out. If it's not readily available where you are, PM me an address and I'll send a piece.

i had to to a "google"search to find out what that is, but it seems the best solution (although a piece of the culprits tanned hide as a patch sounds quite tempting, too..... :evilangel: )--- i don't want to leave the hole as is is (for drainage) in case it catches on a thorn/spike....
the puncture kit for my thermarest seems to have gone AWOL (which might contain a piece), so i'll check next time i make it to a city (right now i'm in a small country town where the hardware store doesn't even sell needles or sandpaper finer than #320......) or see if amazon delivers that stuff to Korea...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE