Best value Paracord UK Supplier?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
Hey all, I'm looking to do some paracord projects, but I'm getting a bit lost in all the suppliers and was wondering if anyone has a preferred UK supplier who is good value?

Looking for a variety of colours and not too bothered about whether it's 550 or MilTec, but want to check I'm not missing a trick with a great supplier you know of?

Really appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks,
Steve

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Hummmmmm. Best value? Do you mean good quality and cheap? Or just cheap?
For just cheap search eBay.
I use paracord for decorative knot work. Bracelets, lanyards, dog leads etc. So I prefer good consistent quality. Most of my cord I buy from wildelk.co.uk they also sell via Amazon under the same name.

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
I use paracord for decorative knot work. Bracelets, lanyards, dog leads etc. So I prefer good consistent quality. Most of my cord I buy from wildelk.co.uk they also sell via Amazon under the same name.
Of all the ones I came across, WildElk seems quite a good brand, so good to hear someone else giving them a thumbs up I'm after good quality at best price. I'm not looking to weave a hammock, but perhaps some stick handles and a few key rings etc

Thanks for the advice :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Essexman

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Cheers Mark, I’m after a few feet for a walking stick handle.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
I bought some from Hennie the other day. I ordered Atwood branded cord and recieved Marbles branded cord. There were a few frays, with some inner fibres poking out of the cord that had obviously got through quality inspection, so I called them.
They told me they were both the same stuff and offered to swop it over, post free.
For £8 worth of cord, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle, and I needed to use it.
The cord's good stuff, looks and feels like the real deal, and I think is good value, and I think their customer service is pretty good too.
You get to speak to actual humans as well!
I'd buy again, despite the snags in the batch I got. I used it up for other projects and I only lost about 2 inches of cord (who needs an unbroken 30m cord anyway?). The remaining sections were good and useful lengths, so I didn't mind really. A bit odd though. I'd not come across quality issues with U.S. paracord before.

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
;)
I bought some from Hennie the other day. I ordered Atwood branded cord and recieved Marbles branded cord. There were a few frays, with some inner fibres poking out of the cord that had obviously got through quality inspection, so I called them.
They told me they were both the same stuff and offered to swop it over, post free.
For £8 worth of cord, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle, and I needed to use it.
The cord's good stuff, looks and feels like the real deal, and I think is good value, and I think their customer service is pretty good too.
You get to speak to actual humans as well!
I'd buy again, despite the snags in the batch I got. I used it up for other projects and I only lost about 2 inches of cord (who needs an unbroken 30m cord anyway?). The remaining sections were good and useful lengths, so I didn't mind really. A bit odd though. I'd not come across quality issues with U.S. paracord before.

HH are great, fantastic customer service. That sounds like a bad reel of cord fell through the quality net there. HH also sell some nice paracord lanyards ready made ;)

Reactions: mikehill

simplefool

Jul 29, 2013
UK
Although wildelk.co.uk isn’t the cheapest, I’ve never had a problem with the quality or customer service.

I'm still using the paracord lanyard and keyfob I bought from you years ago on BB (RIP). Excellent workmanship on the knots and good quality paracord too.

You inspired me to buy some paracord of my own to whip round the neck of my axes. Did an OK job of it, if I do say so myself.

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
I'm still using the paracord lanyard and keyfob I bought from you years ago on BB (RIP). Excellent workmanship on the knots and good quality paracord too.

You inspired me to buy some paracord of my own to whip round the neck of my axes. Did an OK job of it, if I do say so myself.

Good to hear stuff I've made is still being used!

I've made a few short tutorials on Instagram for paracord knotting, I'll cut n paste a link.

https://www.instagram.com/essexman_paracord/channel/

Not sure how well that will work on a PC as IG is set up for using via the app on a phone/tablet really.

Reactions: simplefool

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE