Best Tree ID book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I was lucky enough to pick up this book from a charity shop recently. In my humble opinion it's the best tree ID book I've ever come across. (£1:50 by the way - absolute bargain!! :)) There's fantastic images of leaves and and tree shapes in winter and the text is pretty much degree level!! - If you're studying trees or want to learn more about them this is an excellent book. Thought I'd share.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=0002120356
If the link dosn't work ISBN is 0002120356 and the title is - A field guide to trees of Britain and Europe by Alan Mitchell

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yup as you say a great wee book, well laid out and with good info. And one I used a heap when doing my tree collection for forestry school. Great price too - result.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
..........and another great book (if you really want to get heavy) is Collins guide to Pests, Diseases and Disorders of Garden plants ISBN 0002191032 - It's not just about garden plants despite the title and if you've ever wondered why there's black spots on Sycamore leaves this book will answer your question and a great deal more!!! - Also from a charity shop for a quid...........Sorted!! :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE