Best place to get round wood timber

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Hi guys

Once again I'm turning to you guys, hoping for recommendations.

I'm looking to build a basic roundwood structure with some of the guys I work with. I need long lengths of round wood, not unlike those used for tipis, although probably thicker. Does anyone know of any good, reasonable and environmentally friendly suppliers? Many thanks Joab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juv2112

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2014
West Wales
Try a firewood forum (yes there are some) some people on them cut coppiced woodland and there should be someone not too far from you. It is their business though so you will have to pay. Hope this helps it sounds an interesting project.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
As above. I don't know how much Chestnut is grown in your area, but that'll be what you need.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Any managed coppice woods nearby? Perfect place for getting long poles of varying woods (with land owners permission of course)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Good flexible and shapeable wood the hazel, great for boat skeletons and such when thin, what is the structure you are building?

Are you going for something like this?

building-a-pole-shed-2.jpg

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Hazel will do you good, good straight poles that are very easy to bend and shape like for stuff like arched roof rafters when green and will be solid when dry, thick ones would make good uprights and roof lats

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE