Best place to buy Moras at moment? (Miss Ebay)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Deerman

Aug 29, 2009
North Yorks
www.hcleathers.co.uk
i have30 or so new clippers some of the
Frost 860
Frost 840
i will do them at £10 Inc P&P
Leather Bush craft sheath is £20 inc P&P
IMG_1531-1.jpg

Last edited:

GreyOne

Apr 12, 2009
N Texas
I'm going to get a Mora from this site, http://www.ragweedforge.com/SwedishKnifeCatalog.html

Sorry for jacking you thread a little bit, but do you have to oil laminated carbon steel as much as you would normal? (actually I don't even know what laminated carbon steel is...)

Ragweed Forge is a good place to do business, have dealt with Ragnar several times.

The laminated carbon mostly gives you a harder edge sandwiched into softer layers. Still needs to be cared for like normal carbon steel. The Mora laminates are good blades, IMHO.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Ben's Backwoods carries a JRE all leather pouch sheath with firesteel holder, for 20.00 u.s.

I do not have this particular sheath, but I have a JRE sheath that I ordered from Ben to fit my EnZo trapper and it is a really first rate piece of equipment. I think you would be happy with one of these if you hate the cheapo looking plastic. Color me weird, but I don't mind those plastic sheaths that much. However I do intend to get one of these just because it has the firesteel holder.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Chrs:

I keep my carbon blades lubed with Ballistol. You can get it at many gun shops, gun shows, and off of the internet. The can says "harmful or fatal if swallowed" but in that is just to comply with U.S. law. In Europe, it is considered harmless as it only contains mineral oil and a few other natural ingredients. Its main plus is that it is soluble in water and so it does not ride up and float on water like oils do. although it dilutes, it stays on the blade. Just read up on it on the internet. It is great stuff and has been around since before WWI. It is German made.

I keep a tiny bottle of it in my possibles bag. Just one drop on each side of the blade will protect it.

Some people think that it does not smell badly, others think that the smell is awful.

One other plus is that you can wipe the blade off and use it on food and not worry about chemical contamination.

Another vote for Ragnar @ Ragweed Forge - Top bloke and great service.

........do you have to oil laminated carbon steel as much as you would normal? (actually I don't even know what laminated carbon steel is...)
Laminated carbon steel blades are a 3 layer 'sandwich' consisting of a core of carbon steel with a layer of stainless steel either side.

The idea is to give you the edge of carbon with the corrosion resistance of stainless. Just needs to be kept clean / dry - maybe wax it if it's to be stored for a while.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I have a red handled one if you want one £10 posted i think its the 740 rather than tghe clipper

Sent pm. Might have a problem, is the 740 the one with an all red habdle, or is it the red handled clipper. Want them for sheath design so need to be the right shape more than anything else.

Sorry for jacking you thread a little bit, but do you have to oil laminated carbon steel as much as you would normal? (actually I don't even know what laminated carbon steel is...)

No problem.

They have a few here. I,ve been eyeing up the miki. £8 with carbon steel blade, can't go wrong IMO

Really like the look of that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE