Best legal EDC under a tenner.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I know this has been covered before but I'm looking for one for my wife and I've not got much time for browsing about. Any reccomendations?

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
The Victorinox Recruit can be had for about a tenner if you look carefully (used to be £8 something on amazon but i see they're £15 on there now). Small and dicreet but has usual Vic build quality

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Rough rider range of knives, good selection of Heinnie Haines i have one as my EDC and find it very good.

For a bit more i also have a Byrd Tern that i also got from Heinnies and is great after giving the edge a good blast on the waterstones

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Was thinking opinels, but I always buy opinels. Might get the Vic Classic alox in orange. It's a bit more spenny but sloid and orange is her favourite colour. Or are they too wee to be robust and long lasting.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Was thinking opinels, but I always buy opinels. Might get the Vic Classic alox in orange. It's a bit more spenny but sloid and orange is her favourite colour. Or are they too wee to be robust and long lasting.

What's she going to be doing with it? Sharpening pencils, cutting string etc.? The Vic Classis will be fine for that. But if you're spending more then get her a svord.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Hi,
Vic classics are very robust + really practical. Been carrying same 1 for 10+ yrs, used most days no probs.
Spydercos bugs, bees and grasshopper also really good IMO

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
how about a opinel #5 non locking and uk legal plus very nice looking , i also carry a #6 with the ring removed for something a little bigger but still legal,

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Prepping fruit for the bairn, cutting string, opening packets. Classic practical but svord is prettier. lets see what she goes for.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Rough rider range of knives, good selection of Heinnie Haines i have one as my EDC and find it very good.

For a bit more i also have a Byrd Tern that i also got from Heinnies and is great after giving the edge a good blast on the waterstones

+3 for these - I've one, the wife has one and my 5y/o's first penknife is a RR Peanut. The fit and finish on them is staggeringly good for the price and they're very well sharpened. Compared to the CRKT Slip KISS 2 I bought for £4 more they're an absolute steal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE