Best 'first time' bushcraft course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BrutonW

Jun 16, 2004
I went to the wilderness gathering last summer and I admit I'm hooked on bushcraft. So what's the best 'first time' course to go on? Hopefully I should get lots of opinions on this one! I've got infomation on several schools and am tempted by a Woodlore course, but they seem excessively expensive compared with others. Any view appreciated.

Will

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Where abouts are you BruntonW.
Often local courses are excellent. There's a company just outside Reading for instance that runs very good courses.

There's also a looooong waiting list for the Woodlore courses.

Cheers

Mark

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Many of the schools offer beginner courses, some are more survival orientated than others and some are more spiritual in their approach than others, if you’re interested in those approaches then it’s best to ask for more info on the forum, on those specifics. If you’re after straight forward bushcraft then there are quite a few schools that do that and do it very well.

Have a look through the list in the 200 degrees section, find those schools closest to you and give them a call, they will bend over backwards to help you, I’ve never (personally) come across a school that wouldn’t treat you well and give you all the info you need to make an educated decision on the courses and if they suit you or not.

I would also say that if you need to travel to find what you want then do so, it will be well worth the extra cost and time, so, don’t rule any schools out because of their location, pick where you want to go because it’s right for you as an individual. Talk to them and you’ll be sorted in no time :wink:

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Buckshot said:
Where abouts are you BruntonW.
Often local courses are excellent. There's a company just outside Reading for instance that runs very good courses.

There's also a looooong waiting list for the Woodlore courses.

Cheers

Mark
If you get your self on the cancelation list there are cancilations from time to time :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE