Best Bushcraft Hat Yet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
I saw this earlier tonight and just had to have it. I thought that some of you might like also.

A realtree pattern baseball cap with a twist, well actually a button.

22072009085.jpg

The button is on the underside of the peak. It controls a row of five led lights buried in the peak of the cap :lmao:.

22072009086.jpg

The batteries are contained in an unobtrusive waterproof pocket on the inside of the cap. The bulbs are really quite bright. Overall I think its a great idea.

£3.99 at Aldi

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
The unit is really very good, far better than having a load of elastic bands and batteries strapped to your head petzl style(I have one of those too) for knocking about round the fire and going for a slash. The light pattern is effective enough to illuminate an area for 6-8 feet in front of you when walking in pitch black.

The battery does not dig in your head at all which surprised me as the carrier frame is rigid plastic. There is a facility for adding a thin strip of padding, but in my view it will not be needed.

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
I have one of those, well sort of. I got it last year but it only has two led's and they put out just enough light to see two spots of light on your hand if you hold your hand right in front of them. It was a little brighter but not much when I got it so I'm wondering if maybe the batteries were just almost dead when I got it because it did have a try me sticker on it. I'd get new batteries but I don't think there'd be enough light from 2 led's to be worth the cost of those little batteries.

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
ummm well mine says "Replace with two CR2032 batteries." I don't know much about batteries but I seem to remember these flat little circular ones being pretty expensive...

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
The ones you guys got there seem a lot better than mine. Mine only has 2 lights first of all and second, something very important, the batteries just fold under the sweat band! No water proof pouch for me, I've often wondered what would happen if I had it on in the rain but never really felt the urge to see for myself...

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Batteries are 2032 about the size of a penny and quite flat, If that makes sense.

I Like mine:D

I would like it even more in DPM though rather than real tree.

I will still use my Akubra in broad daylight and save this just for night time where I will not worry about the Pattern.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE