Best Bivy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
Well guys with a few busy weekends out in the bush coming up I thought I'd purchase myself a bivy bag because I'm not a tent fan and I'm not up for a hammock haha

I wanted to buy a Hunka bag from Alpkit but they're sold out 'till May so I can't get that,

After looking on Evil-bay I saw plenty of Gore-Tex bags but there was a huge price difference in many of them and some seemed too good to be true and I don't want to risk my money :)

Any suggestions?
I want to get this before the 16th of April and I'm looking for the cheapest I can get!

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
Cheers Preacherman I'll keep an eye out...haha I noticed you mentioned the €8 bivi bag in your original post but it's too bad that they don't stock them anymore!

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Cheers Preacherman I'll keep an eye out...haha I noticed you mentioned the €8 bivi bag in your original post but it's too bad that they don't stock them anymore!

Yeah, sorry I posted the link without checking the site, edited it out once I saw it.

Good luck with the search.

Andrew

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I bought a Rab Survival Zone for about £40 but F&T no longer do them. I think there was apost on here with a link to a £50 or a £45 one. I rate them above hunkas although they are pretty similar. However the Rab SZ are better both for breathability and size. The SZ is actually bigger than the hunka XL one. Mine fits my XL sleeping bag suitable for someone up to 6'6" whereas the hunka doesn't. The hunka XL is more than the standard SZ price of £50.

I think Lakeland Bushcraft and Penrith Bushcraft are also good. Had a look at Endicott's for the first time today and it has a load of kit in. Bought out the stock of one of their suppliers.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I'll be contacting him tomorrow! Do you know if he ships to Ireland?

im sure he will ship anywhere you like, the guy has sorted me out multiple times and is a pleasure to deal with, just got an order off him yesterday,

he wont mug you off either, will just tell you as is and get you what you want.

Nice guys there, thats why they get my repeat business, i dont use any other mil surp shops now

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Last edited:

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
Hi Slammer187, don't go for a trekmates bivi unless you like getting wet, they are ok for a sleeping bag cover ie keeping your bag clean but no good at keeping the wet stuff out.

Last edited:

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I've used two bags in earnest and never been let down by either - A Rab survival zone and a Rab superlight. Huge price difference between them but they are both great bits of kit (BTW - I don't work for Rab!:))

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE