Bell tent advice please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
I'm looking to buy a 4 metre Bell tent with zip in groundsheet and wondered if anyone could offer any advice.

As far as I can see it looks like it's down to these four, all look pretty much the same but has anyone had any experience with any of these?

Belltent.co.uk @ £480

Soulpad @ £440

Boutique Camping @ £430

Baker + Bell @ £375

With a max of £105 difference there's quite a saving to be had if they're all the same or is the Belltent £105 better? as they are too far away for me to visit each company I'm in the dark really . . . . . :confused:

Any advice is appreciated, ta. :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Can only give you a belltent.couk view but i have used both the 4 and 5 meter types.
Our 5 meter is the full jobby with zipped in ground sheet and the 4 meter was without. Both fantastic quality and used in torrential rain and -15 with a stove.

Customer service is also top notch. Quality of the gear sturdy and worth the money.
No idea about the others sorry.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I have a 5m belltent from belltent.co.uk. I fitted a stove in mine and also invested in the inner bedroom, which the groundsheet is not detachable in the bedroom. I have no experience of the other makes you refer to. I bought mine in 2010. I think the price has shot up because of there popularity. One thing I would say, is that the tent pegs the tent comes with should be replaced with far more substantial pegs. I also often cover the tent with a parachute, this camouflages, keeps it cool inside and cleaner in leafy environments.

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Thanks for the replies chaps, the price has definitely risen due to the recent popularity, but it looks like I've found a new front runner that stands out from the rest, it's from a company called BCT Outdoors . . . . the two main points for me are;
British made, (Yarkshire even :)) all the others are made in China . . . hissssss!
Fire resistant, all the others say they are not, worrying when sparks are abound :yikes:
Not the cheapest @ £480 . . . . but they look to be better than the rest AND my money stays in the UK too . . . . . bonus!

Gonna keep looking for a while tho, but would like to get one sorted in time to take my daughter to the Bushcraft show @ Elvastone May 25/27 .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE