Beginner rifle recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
God knows! I´ll have to ask him to teach me some time, and then we can have a good laugh at my failed attempts.
He was 12-13 years old when he got his first big fish by hands, but he´s always been the stalking type of boy. Catching everything from mice, insects, snakes and fish with his hands.
He looks like a bloody cat when he spots a prey... And is just as patient.

Reactions: santaman2000

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
In light of the original post, this is a copy of my first deer rifle my father got me when I was a little kid.

It's an Uberti Baby Rolling Block Carbine single shot chambered in .357 Magnum. It will also fire .38 Special cartridges. It's a modern made, smokeless cartridge rifle patterned off of the blackpowder era 1871 Remington rolling block. When fired out of a rifle barrel, the .357mag is a very effective bush cartridge.

The carbine weighs 5 lbs, it has a .22" barrel, and is 35.9" in overall length. The recoil is enough for a 9 year old to handle. It harvests a North American whitetail deer and a western mule deer, no problem.

Many years later the carbine wound up in the hands of my uncle who had the chamber reamed out to .357 Maximum (an extended magnum version of the .357mag cartridge, it can still fire .357mag and .38spl), it was fitted with a Vernier tang sight, and was used in black powder cartridge shooting.

cod_140_rolling_block_carbine_22_copia_2__1.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE