Before and after......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Here's a pic of an axe head i received through the gift it on thread. It's the one on the bottom right.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here it is now after a bit of a clean up and a sharpen, and yes it is very sharp. I'll have a go at putting a handle on it the weekend and maybe make a sheath for it.I didn't want to clean it up completely i wanted to leave some of the character.
axeheadafter001.jpg

Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one Andy, looks much better with the re-profile of the shape. What are you planning on using for a handle? Hickory or something you find yourself?

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Thanks lads.Hickory i think Chad, but i am going to wire wool it and stain it before oiling it. I don't want it to have a light handle.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
That'll look ace. I like when people use flame to get the diy fiddleback maple effect as well...

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
I think it says "st steel" i don't know if its a mistake in the stamping or maybe thats the name of it. It's also got what i think is a number 4 and other bits above that, possibly the weight ? If anyone knows anything about it please let me know.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Did a bit of cleaning up of the one I got, top right.

I think the stamp says made in Germany but I'm not sure. Will get pics up eventually.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE