beeswax waterproofing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Lots of hobby bee keepers in this district. Some very successful, some fighting Colony Collapse Disorder.
Often in the summer markets, I can buy lovely bee'swax candles which appear to be
sheets of foundation, rolled up around a wick.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

LukeR

May 9, 2020
Glasgow
Never heard of a beekeeper throwing wax away, that's insanity! Cheers for all the recipes, I'm planning on using some of our wax to make up some waxed canvas pouches later.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I didn't realise there were a few beekeepers on the forum, maybe we should start a thread 'what beekeeping related stuff did you do recently' I'm not on any bee forums, I find they're an acquired taste. You never know it might encourage a few other people to keep bees as it is quite an amazing hobby.

Did you create a new thread? It would be good to see what people here get up to with their bees. If not I can start one, probably in the Homestead section?

Reactions: Bazzworx

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Did you create a new thread? It would be good to see what people here get up to with their bees. If not I can start one, probably in the Homestead section?

No I haven't yet. I was going to have a look through my bees then start a thread with some pics but I've not been able to get to my apiary yet. I'm hoping to get there tomorrow. Please do start a thread and I'll contribute.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE