Beech Spoon

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Made form the opposing piece of Beech, again with a tooled finish

DSCN6183.jpg

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Very nice, colours are wonderful, will we be carving beech spoons on our next bimble, still some beech left where we went last time out.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Very nice, colours are wonderful, will we be carving beech spoons on our next bimble, still some beech left where we went last time out.

I think Beech spoons on the next trip out sounds like a grand idea, we might just have to head up towards that huge fallen Beech and collect some materials on the way up i think, i'll pack the big Silky:)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I think im with you on that, overall it's a less fussy, the shorter handle helps as well i think?

Proportions are better all round, especially the join between bowl and handle, which looks a bit narrow on the first one.

Huh, look at me, passing a critique on your carvings, all of which are waaaay better than mine...

Maybe I should resign as a woodcarver and just become a critic. That way I can create nothing, and tell other people what they are doing wrong. :)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Proportions are better all round, especially the join between bowl and handle, which looks a bit narrow on the first one.

Huh, look at me, passing a critique on your carvings, all of which are waaaay better than mine...

You critique away:)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
A great pair there............one in the sprout bowl and one for the broccolli, magic!................and good vid there, thanks................atb mac

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
one in the sprout bowl and one for the broccolli,

Then he'll need a third one for the baked beans!:lmao:

Seriously though Mark, they are both really lovely. I must get out and collect some decent wood and get carving, you're leaving me way behind.

Dave

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Then he'll need a third one for the baked beans!:lmao:

Seriously though Mark, they are both really lovely. I must get out and collect some decent wood and get carving, you're leaving me way behind.

Dave

and a fourth for the Parsnips:lmao:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
as usual kep has submitted another thread thats left me shaking with annoyance....even the darn photographs nice what with the light, daisys, wood.

i think a poll to have him kicked off bcuk is overdue....

a

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
as usual kep has submitted another thread thats left me shaking with annoyance....even the darn photographs nice what with the light, daisys, wood.

i think a poll to have him kicked off bcuk is overdue....

a

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
If you kick him off BCUK then you have to look at my spoons instead, and they are rubbish in comparison.

The campaign to keep Kepis starts here...

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Trust me, you don't want to see my spoons. Put you off your food altogether, that will...

Besides, if we kick him off I will be made redundant before my career as a woodcarving critic has even started, and I was really looking forward to saying things like "Nah mate, that's rubbish. I could do far better if I had the time", or "It would look better with a sanded finish".

:D

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
did you say 'sanded finish'? aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!! quick kep, get him!!!!!! we cant have that kind of language on bcuk i'm afraid....

campaign to have harvestman removed begins here!

a

Trust me, you don't want to see my spoons. Put you off your food altogether, that will...

Besides, if we kick him off I will be made redundant before my career as a woodcarving critic has even started, and I was really looking forward to saying things like "Nah mate, that's rubbish. I could do far better if I had the time", or "It would look better with a sanded finish".

:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE