Beautiful butterfly

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Look what just landed on my hand. A most beautiful orange tip. Havnt seen one for some time around here. Such beautiful markings.20200422_131248_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Sorry it's such a shaky photo but I was very excited!

Reactions: Allison McKenzie

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
So many peacock flutterbys round here. A range of landscapes too. They're nettle loving ones I think I learnt as a kid.

I find butterflies interesting. As a squeamish person for insects, grubs, spiders and slugs I find it surprising. Butterflies, bees and dragonflies I like but everything else I don't.

More than 8 legs freeks me out! I might not show it though. You'll possibly get me to hold a hundred booted bug but I'll be dying inside and it'll cause me some trauma though I'd appreciate the chance to confront a phobia. Firm believer in not being beaten by your fears. But I've digressed

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I know what you mean. I love butterflies moths and dragonflies ladybirds and damselfly but hate most bugs other than that.
I once held a giant bird eating spider but I was shaking so much they took it off me as it got agitated.... not as much as me though!!! Never again! I faced my fear... but it didn't cure me , only made me worse. Same with snakes though I love slow worms.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not sure of slow worms but love snakes.

About 6 years old I answered my parent's question about what I wanted for my birthday. I replied with a snake. Their reply was that I was too young and to wait until I was 10 years old. Just before my tenth birthday I got the same question. For the first time since just before my birthday I said a snake. After panicked looks they simply said no. I reminded them of what they said 4 years before. They still said no.

About 9 years old I did get to hold a rather large python at a local zoo. So glad they picked me for that because the other critters offered before were giant snail, giant millipede and a tarantula! The snake I loved even though it weighed a lot and if it wasn't hanging around my neck and shoulders I'd possibly not have managed it. A seriously large python possibly big enough to eat the smaller ones in my class, but they kept it very well fed so it was always very lethargic. A bit like me after a Sunday roast with beer at a local pub!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE