Bear island

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Have I missed something?
I thought there would be a few groans about the new Bear Grills island series on last night???
☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I can see how you missed it though... it is under "Bushcraft and survival SKILLS" not chatter (where it seems more apt for it to be....) :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Way back at the start of the above-mentioned thread there was a complaint about the use of absurdity; it strikes me that the ultimate absurdity is for anybody to imbue the subject in hand with any importance whatsoever - it's showbiz, on a par with all the other pap that they throw at people. It's nothing more than light entertainment in the same vein as that dancing thing they all watch or the Simon Cowell stuff, and that's perfectly ok if it's your bag, but that's all it is!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Way back at the start of the above-mentioned thread there was a complaint about the use of absurdity; it strikes me that the ultimate absurdity is for anybody to imbue the subject in hand with any importance whatsoever - it's showbiz, on a par with all the other pap that they throw at people. It's nothing more than light entertainment in the same vein as that dancing thing they all watch or the Simon Cowell stuff, and that's perfectly ok if it's your bag, but that's all it is!

Yup - what he said:)
Although I have no intention of rotting my brain with "I want to be a celebrity, get me a holiday with Bear Grylls on an island" or any other BG or Simon Callow "reality" TV, I do find the threads about it quite entertaining!

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I can see how you missed it though... it is under "Bushcraft and survival SKILLS" not chatter (where it seems more apt for it to be....) :)

Ok then !! Told you I must of missed something!
To be honest I quite enjoyed it.... even the girlfriend did😨
At least it wasn't just BG doing worrying thinks for the camera's. .
8 hours to make fire by friction........

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
haggis with left and right legs.... must confess I needed to laugh today and that just made me chuckle out loud :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE