Bear Grylls Trousers...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
Got to say, I know there are mixed views......but the Bear Grylls Survivor Winter Trousers are fantastic...

BGKegs.jpg

I was brought some by my wife (I had nothing like to wear!)...

Comfy, functional, easy to wash......

Probably not for wearing on uber hot days....bur for this weekend they were brilliant!

Gagnrad

Forager
Jul 2, 2010
South East
I've got the ordinary Kiwis, but those are the only Craghoppers I've got.

I did recently see some Craghoppers trousers on Amazon listed as "Duke of Edinburgh Venturers by Bear Grylls", which is a hell of a long title for a pair of trousers.

I was tempted since they seem to be reduced and one happy customer says they're much thicker than the standard ones:

... these are very comfortable durable trousers, I use them for leisure walking as well as my mountain rescue work, these are not the lightweight, flimsy, overpriced bear grylls trousers.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003N7NIRY/

I probably have enough trousers, though.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I've got the ordinary Kiwis, but those are the only Craghoppers I've got.

I did recently see some Craghoppers trousers on Amazon listed as "Duke of Edinburgh Venturers by Bear Grylls", which is a hell of a long title for a pair of trousers.

I was tempted since they seem to be reduced and one happy customer says they're much thicker than the standard ones:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003N7NIRY/

I probably have enough trousers, though.

I have the unlined DoE venturers - but they aren't BG branded. I'm very happy with them

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

The DofE Venturers and BG ranges are totally seperate. Sounds like someone is trying to pass of the similar Venturers as the BG ones.

Gagnrad

Forager
Jul 2, 2010
South East
The DofE Venturers and BG ranges are totally seperate. Sounds like someone is trying to pass of the similar Venturers as the BG ones.

Looks like those are being sold by Amazon themselves rather than it being "Amazon storefront" for someone else, so must be simple error.

It also looks like "Bear Grylls" is entered where the manufacturer's name (Craghoppers) should go. It should have said "by Craghoppers". I should think whoever at Amazon did the input had a bunch of stuff from Craghoppers to do and mixed up the information.

Anyway, good to know that you and the previous poster give the thumbs up to the DoE trousers.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Anyway, good to know that you and the previous poster give the thumbs up to the DoE trousers.

They are good trousers but you need to wash them inside out to get the best results, otherwise the colour can fade and the poppers wear through the pocket flaps. Washing and drying them inside out will stop those problems. The same can be said of the BG trousers as the finish can get fuzzy on the washing machine drum.

Gagnrad

Forager
Jul 2, 2010
South East
They are good trousers but you need to wash them inside out to get the best results, otherwise the colour can fade and the poppers wear through the pocket flaps. Washing and drying them inside out will stop those problems. The same can be said of the BG trousers as the finish can get fuzzy on the washing machine drum.

Thanks. Good tip.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
I have found them to wear quickly, and not very thorn proof. Have a big rip in my mine from a thorn snag!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I have a pair that are a good three years old and seen some tough wear... can't complain at all. I've snagged them on thorns, brambles etc, but all that happened was some pulled threads. I did rip the pocket seam open when I caught it on a door knob though. I was given a new pair of the soon to be released 'Originals' range which isn't available yet, and they are made from much tougher material, but the panels don't stretch. Much more like the Venturers only in green and black.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
If they are releasing some tougher gear I would wait for those.

I find I get through a lot of clothing, the only trousers that stand up are fjallraven or Brit army light weights.

I have thunder thighs, so most trousers go in the inner thigh area.

I have also had BG shirts that didn't surrvive past a 2 week canoe trip. Rohan and 5.11 have done very well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE