Beach camp/wildlife watching.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
this is the third time of trying,my pc is playing up big time, i had wrote all the names of the things we'd taken pictures of but having had it wiped twice in gonna give a basic write up, my brother is up visiting so we went to a beach id recce'd a few months before for two nights camping and widlife watching,

the first few are of the area itself,

newbeachpics130.jpg

one of the building's on the beach,

newbeachpics084.jpg

a small hut in the side of the hill,

newbeachpics190.jpg

and a close up of its doorway,

newbeachpics193.jpg

looking out for in one of them,

IMG_6702.jpg

home for a few day's

IMG_6540.jpg

me sorting kit,

IMG_6886.jpg

some of the surrounding area,

IMG_6723.jpg

newbeachpics077.jpg

a waterfall,

IMG_6778.jpg

a small cave,

IMG_6643.jpg

the usual fire shots,

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6856.jpg

Adult male seal,

IMG_6942.jpg

female,

IMG_6474.jpg

with pup,

IMG_6528.jpg

cute one,

IMG_6681.jpg

we went rockpooling last night,

Sea lemon,

newbeachpics171.jpg

shore crab with egg's,

newbeachpics174.jpg

sea slater,

newbeachpics157.jpg

Spirobis worm's

newbeachpics160.jpg

newbeachpics167.jpg

if you like limpets this place has some of the biggest ive seen,
newbeachpics097.jpg

newbeachpics065.jpg

sorry about the short write up id given a more in depth one on the previous two attempts but as said the damn pc kept losing the lot, hope you enjoy the pics.

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Glad you liked them Liam,some where taken with my Bro's Camera which is a good one, we took 700 pics between us so may post more later on,next time hope you can make it.

ps have you noticed we are both wearing wellies in your honour!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cracking post mate, what an interesting beach too. What's was the hut for, any idea?

For the epic posts I write them in Word first, it's easier to save it along the way then, once it's done just copy and paste the lot.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Rich my brother suggested that but i just looked at him with that dumb look that only a comptutor illiterate hick like myself can muster,then just deleted the lot and started again!

newbeachpics103.jpg

couple more,

newbeachpics082.jpg

newbeachpics053.jpg

newbeachpics096.jpg

pic of inside hut,

newbeachpics196.jpg

i contacted the company(theres a brass plaque inside hut) but they could'nt find any records from the far back,they still make water pumps and turbines,the 3 building remains are older than 1939 id say,what they are for and who used them ive no idea,but we ate and sheltered in the largest,and had our night time fire in there.

newbeachpics106.jpg

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Miyagi old chap, me think's Stoo is back in outer space! and i never got it the first time his comment about the seal and you,as the seal appears far to active and chirpy to be your good self!(ps said with a yule time nod and wink!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE