BcUK T.V Programme Calendar?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'd forgotten about that myself :D

I can make that active and no moderation so that programmes can be put on there. I also found a member meet calendar set up but not active, i've activated that now.

The only thing with these is that you have to go and look for them, the only one that's displayed openly is the general information callendar.

Saying that if people get to see that it's being used they'll have a look.

Well spotted decorum :D

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Having used a few heads up for really good programmes recently I think that would be a great resource
Which has got me thinking about radio as well .I know if I have time I sometimes "listen again " to relevant Radio 4 programmes
I am the worlds worst at media planning and tend to rely on others to tell me whats on-shameful really
Hope this catches on

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You would be able to edit your own event.

I've left the other two calendars open so that anyone can post there and I'll leave it like that unless someone comes along abuses it.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Can you tell me how to add an event Tone?

I click on the day and it just says 'There are no events on this day.' and I can't find a way in to add one???

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, that's an issue that we'll look at later, there's two separate calendars running. At some point i'll try to bring them into line and sync them.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
It's like you've made a magic database especially for me to fill with wonderful TV and
radio programmes, which I am now looking into (added a handful) :D

I think I need to click the DST (Daylight Savings Time) button as the timing seems to
be an hour later - but if in doubt, click on the event and I'll have copied the blurb from
www.radiotimes.com to ensure the timing is listed correctly at least.

Like it :)

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Good grief this is tough to find ;)

On the main forum site look for the brown menu bar that has "User CP" on the
left and "Log Out" on the right and click on "Calendar" - it's in the middle.

Once there scroll down the page to the bottom, on the right hand side is an option to
"Calendar Jump", click this and then select "TV programme Calendar" and it will reset
the page to that calendar.

Just above that link is the 'Jump to month' which is reasonably self-explanatory - but
this time you do have to press the little 'Go' button to get there.

To add a new event you need to scroll back up towards the top and click on the 'Add
New Event' menu which is on the right hand side. The option "Ranged event" is most
likely the one to use - it allows you to add an individual programme and set the time,
eg 8pm to 9pm.

Basically what you're doing is adding a post - normal text - but putting a time stamp on
it. I think DST means Daylight Savings Time or something like that. I am bewildered
by this 'spring forward fall back' British Summer Time whathaveyou so there's a danger
that my timings will actually be wrong on the calendar listing. For this reason, unless
you're less gormless than me, it's probably safest to include in the body text some info
about the correct timing.

It would seem to work as well for TV and radio - suggest maybe adding [RADIO] to the
title of the post for clarity??

Suggested checklist
  • Title of programme
  • Channel
  • Day and date (you're already forced into adding the date in order to add the 'event' but
    it's useful to add a day as well, in the text bit I think)
  • Time - start and end (as before)
  • VideoPlus number, if appropriate
  • Website reference, if relevant.
  • Explanatory text along the lines of "why watch this".
Let's add programmes people :D

... while remembering to get outside occasionally, of course!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE