BcUK Photograph of 2013 competition July voting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Please select your favourite picture.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Here are the July entries for the BcUK Photograph 2013 competition.

There were only 11 entries this month so there's only one poll to decide the winner of this heat and whoever that is will go forward to the grand final in December.

Picture 1
Taken by Elines and titled 'It's hard work being a bushcrafter'
1+aa++possible+6++2013+07+06_1117A.jpg

Picture 2
Taken by Copper_Head, untitled
28d8eb7c-5456-4234-a3ce-8e8bbda04ff6_zpscdd17271.jpg

Picture 3
Taken by Mad Dave, untitled
camplife.jpg

Picture 4
Taken by Jinsin456 untitled
null_zps8f97e279.jpg

Picture 5
Taken by Mad Mike and titled 'A sunrise under the bear hang'
Sunriseunderthebearhang_zps8a98c629.jpg

Picture 6
Taken by Sabot, untitled
DSC01291_zpsf0aec028.jpg

Picture 7
Taken by Ivanhoe, untitled
Flak-eobusare.jpg

Picture 8
Taken by The Octogan and titled 'Scafell Wild Camp'
9300938687_1aa5cc65bd.jpg

Picture 9
Taken by Wayland and titled 'Jokmok 2013'
Long-Log-Fire-1.jpg

Picture 10
Taken by Comfy and titled 'Starry Starry Night'
9380459638_c258fbdf4e_c.jpg

Picture 11
Taken by MartinK9 and titled 'Lille Aklugen, Norway Jan 2013'
woodsaw.jpg

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
All great picks. Camp life to me means people more than landscapes so i went with Elines pic which captures it perfectly. Its a good job Pete had his tidy head on!!!!

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
All great picks. Camp life to me means people more than landscapes so i went with Elines pic which captures it perfectly. Its a good job Pete had his tidy head on!!!!

What you don't see is the builders tarp covered in heaps of Pete's kit just out of shot, the man's like an explosion in a charity shop :)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Mmmmm - see rules 13 and 14

13.The organiser has the right to add to or refine the competition rules as they see fit

14.The organiser has the final say in any dispute

I guess Steve is at the Moot and not yet in a position to take a view

Yup steve is off gallivanting.
He asked me to announce the winner of this month . However as we have a draw I shall post another poll for two days for people to choose between the drawing photos.
I will do this tonight as I'm currently at work.
As for rules about voting for own entry I will leave this for steve to decide upon his return.
Sam

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
How do folks. I'm on a food run at the moment and popped on to see what's happening.

Looks like some fun as well. There's nothing in the rules about voting for your own pic so that's fine.

Regarding the draw can this thread be closed and a new one opened to decide the winner.

That way people who have voted originally can vote on their favourite pic out of the two that have drawn. Thanks :)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm really torn but am going for the Sami long fire of Waylands, simply because I was there and the guy is more intidy than Matt. :).

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Given the title, camp life, Waylands just pips the post for me, but that trailstar photo and backdrop is magnificent Matt.

This is the first image which came to mind when I read this months competition title.
Its the cover of an old woodlore catalogue.

I dont know who the artist is obviously thats Ray Mears in his canoe....

nice painting huh? :)

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sorry folks. Got back from the Bushmoot and forgot I had to sort this out...

Unfortunately I hadn't considered the possibility of pictures tying in a single poll so didn't have a rule to cover that eventuality. I have now put one in to cover this.

11. If there is only one poll due to the number of entries and the result is tied at the end of voting then all tying pictures will go forward into a new poll to decide the overall winner.

Because it wasn't there prior to Graham_S amending this poll to allow people to vote on the pictures from The Octagon and Wayland I am going to let the result stand and therefore the winning picture is from The Octogan.

9300938687_1aa5cc65bd.jpg

Well done Matthew, your picture now goes forward to the grand final in December

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE