BBC Article - How more of us are leaving screens behind to work outdoors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Happening here, too. Big city people tossing it all in, selling their big fat houses and landing here to become farmers of one sort or another. Some pretty sophisticated careers just went in the toilet. I like them all as I have more choices for buying fresh meats and produce. I can even select the grain(s) then request # flour and have a miller grind that while I sit and wait.
Our laws are changing for the better= now a grower can butcher their own animals. They will take requests, too.
Calf liver is not at all popular here any more. I'll buy it.

I believe in supporting them. Sure it's a little justification for their career and whole life-style change but you also get good food. Of course, it's easily done out here in the country as opposed to next to city hall in Vancouver, BC.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
It worries me a little TBH. Work in the countryside, especially in conservation and the like, is pretty poorly paid already and takes advantage of people's dedication to the subject. It's already hard to get decent work once people have spent years qualifying. So, an influx of people is not going to make things better.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'm sure when those that desire it get a £15 national minimum wage that will sort it all out.

Because.... economics..

:)

Reactions: CLEM

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Cuts both ways, I think. If people are really unhappy in the city and it doesn't suit them and they get depressed and difficult and complainy, it is better for both the city and the country if they leave the city and go where they are happy.

Me, on balance and having lived in both about the same, I like cities. So, there's room for one more one 'celeb'.:27:

I'll get back to waxing my Barbour :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: billycoen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE