BB bandwidth limit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
That's a new one on me, not seen it before , usually it just slows right down.
Hope it 's not too long :confused:

regards

beach bum

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

:confused: :(

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
In theory I think the contract is for a monthly download limit so they could shut it down till next month. It has happened before though and I think Martyn has a good relationship with the sever company and it gets going the same day

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
sometimes they expect you to throw a few quid at them to get through the rest of the month.

I do enjoy lurking on BCUK, but Friday evening doesn't seem the same without BB.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Andy said:
In theory I think the contract is for a monthly download limit so they could shut it down till next month. It has happened before though and I think Martyn has a good relationship with the sever company and it gets going the same day

It's happened often before. Usually the host just ups the bandwidth limit and we come to some arrangement. However, this is a new situation. The hosting company is under new ownership and my 5 years history with them doesnt count for anything. BB may be offline for a while.

Time to move I think.

Mr_Yarrow

Forager
May 16, 2005
UK, Hertfordshire
Martyn said:
It's happened often before. Usually the host just ups the bandwidth limit and we come to some arrangement. However, this is a new situation. The hosting company is under new ownership and my 5 years history with them doesnt count for anything. BB may be offline for a while.

Time to move I think.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Well I've got a support ticket in and had a "looking into it" reply. Should get some options soon - but if there is even a whiff of "arm up the back" leverage for cash, they will get it, but that will be the last.

It's their right to do this, but it's poor customer service.

monkey_pork

Forager
May 19, 2005
Devonshire
Martyn said:
Well I've got a support ticket in and had a "looking into it" reply. Should get some options soon - but if there is even a whiff of "arm up the back" leverage for cash, they will get it, but that will be the last.

It's their right to do this, but it's poor customer service.

Hmm, and their site says "Webhosting with Exceptional Customer Support" too !

Good luck.

C

Cones

Hi,

I was lost there for a few hours. :confused:

But I've found you all. Along with an excellent new forum. :)

Mark

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
monkey_pork said:
Hmm, and their site says "Webhosting with Exceptional Customer Support" too !

Good luck.

Well it used to be true. If it happened with the old host owner, he would up the limit pretty much immediately. This is important when I'm often at work for 12 hours and in a different timezone to the host servers. The new host seems to have waited for me to submit a support ticket before actioning the issue. Again, this is their right, but I didnt finish work till 9pm so BB could of been offline for many hours.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE