Bat or moth? Mystery beast caught on camera

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Bought some Neos Smart cameras, which are excellent (and cheap - only £20). Put on in my workshop and it picked up this:

It's probably a moth but not certain. What do you think?

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It was 6.20pm so fairly light. Does look like a paper plane but there was nobody in there who could have thrown it

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I think it's a bat.. bat flight can be very erraatic. Don't have a computer to fiddle around stopping the video. But I'd say bat maybe a tiny pipistrelle. They are waking up this time of year.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
I think it is one of Spandit's New Years Resolutions trapped, unable to escape from his workshop..Could be the " I must build a rack for those"....or " I will sort out what's under that bench" one .........

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I am pretty sure, that it is a Chinese mini drone.

In the last couple of years we had more and more in Germany observing garages, sheds and artisan working spaces, to spy out our ingenious working systems.

They even observed simple house wives to get out how to cook well tasting meals!

I think, because they are unable to copy us, they now started to observe British sheds and kitchens because they probably think, that your technical level would be lower.

Should they start next time to have bacon and eggs for breakfast and fish and chips for dinner, you will know why!

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
"Bought some Neos Smart cameras, which are excellent (and cheap - only £20). Put on in my workshop and it picked up this:"

I had to laugh at this, if they were excellent surely you could make out what it seen................lol

I think it is the ghost of a long lost brush.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If it would be a ghost of a long lost brush, and I thought it in the first moment too, the video wouldn't bee so bad.

But as I wrote: It's well visible a Chinese mini drone!
Nothing wrong with the camera!

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Albino bat?
To be honest, the cam is no good. Try it with yourself pretending to be an intruder, with a hoodie on, then see if the picture quality is good enough to help the police.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Its very white, do you think it was scared of something?
was there a light on the camera, and could the light have attracted it to the camera?

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The camera has an IR illuminator for night vision, so will light up stuff that goes in front of it. For £20 (neos.co.uk) I think they're great value

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE