Barrel knife making tutorial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
Folding knives are more my interest because of the intricacy of the makings and the barrel knife is a very interesting design of which at some point I will have a go at that, because I like the puzzle aspect of it, it not immediately appearing to be a knife, but lovely to see someone else uses a file to profile blades, I used to make diamond profile blades on a belt sander.

I wonder how that thing features with UK knife law, yes it locks but it doesn't immediately lock ?

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Next level stuff in my opinion, it looks easy in that tutorial but I know it isn't so! I love barrel knives. As for UK knife law I highly doubt many people would know to open the knife and put it back through the barrel. If anyone asked I'd just pull the knife itself out and hand that over.

Corin

Dec 21, 2011
Picton NSW Australia
for all you makers out there.........here's the challenge !

http://forums.dfoggknives.com/index.php?showtopic=18188

Challenge accepted, here is the one I have just finished...

The latest from my shed...

600 layer Damascus blade, spring and butt. Hand made Sterling silver fittings, brass liners, and Mallee Root Handle.

Hope you like. I plan on making another two shortly. Could consider a wip thread if interest is there...

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Awesome work there, would love to see aa wip as well. Might make this a project for the new year

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
You say "for all you Makers"...
I am a Maker - but I work in leather!
Might not work in Veg tan.....

A glorious knife style of which I would love to own an example :)

Wetneck

Oct 6, 2013
South Coast - UK
wow, just WOW, what a wonderful example of absolute craftmanship.
Would love to see a WIP and I hope someone is going to be making these available for sale, my wallet doesn't but I really REALLY do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE