Baofeng UV-5RA help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
I've been given a Baofeng UV-5RA by a friend who didn't know how to set it up, well neither do I, but would like to know how, is there any one in the Lincolnshire area that can show me how to do it, or is there a REALY simple guide ?

Rev G

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
One question, do you have a ham licence? if not you can own but not use it in this country.

the previous advice run with it simple to use and operate.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
You can listen but not transmit without an amateur radio licence. If you haven't got a licence then not to worry as its a simple multiple choice exam to pass. Just see the RSGB website for amateur radio clubs in your area.

Not had one of those radios but if its similar to a Yaesu then its pretty straight forward;)

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
It's a pain to program, easiest way is to buy the programming lead and hook it up to your laptop, down load the software and off you go

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I've just used chirp, and at last I can program my radio. No conflicts with cable and Windows.:)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Legally you can't use these radio for PMR446 as they are capable of 4 watts RF power output:-

5. RADIO EQUIPMENT
PMR 446 radio equipment must be handportable, have an integral antenna, have a maximum ERP of 500 mW and be compliant with ETS 300 296.

so if you don't have a licence then I would save your money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE