Baofeng Fanboys & Fan Girls

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

Broch

Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
I've even used one of those cheap telescopic fibreglass flag poles (just not used the very thin top section 'cos it waves about too much). If the ground takes it, I hold it up using one of those screw-in washing line things - a metal one can be used as an earth as well :)

Reactions: TeeDee

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne, Derbyshire
I made some pole sections from a load of 22mm PVC pipe and a handful of straight connectors. If you cut four lengths of pipe to about 50 cm and solvent weld a Tee piece to one you use as a top you just slot them together. Then tie the top of the slim jim to the tee and use a bit of lace to hold it in place at the top you get quite a serviceable mast for about £7.
I used the 22mm pipe because when you wrap it in fabric tape it's just the right size to slot into molle. I can send a picture if that helps explain it.

Reactions: TeeDee

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I mean you can hang the slim jim antenna of anything non-metal, so it doesn't have to be up a pole, it's just that when I activate and chase SOTA I want as much height as I can get. I know people hang it out windows and such and any tree-branch would probably do too.

Another interesting option is the flower pot antenna. I've been tempted to try that out, but I'd need to get some suitable pipe first. :)

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne, Derbyshire
I made a flower pot antenna last week, I've yet to try it in anger. I got a length of Black PCV pipe from screwfix for about £3.

You can get a couple of flower pot antennae out of the single 3 meter length so if there's another ham near you could could always have a building session.

Reactions: SaraR

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.