Baikal IZH 38 .177 airgun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
now sold, thanks

31.05.15 - I WANT THIS OUT OF THE LOFT SO LAST TRY @ £15 - CASH ONLY, COLLECTION ONLY

BAIKAL IZH 38 .177 AIR RIFLE FOR SALE

Good basic .177 airgun - break barrel. Iron sight

Shoots okay but the barrel may need a bit of truing. Beyond my skills.

A plinker that needs a bit of a tinker (hence the price).

£30 - face to face only/cash only. I'm in West Yorkshire.

£25 for a quick sale, and to get it out of the loft. Face-to-face, cash only. No offers please.

Cheers

K :D

Last edited:

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
That would be reasonable for taking out Rabbits and Squirrels I suppose...I am tempted but have other things to pay for this month (hurray for a git hitting my car whilst it was parked).

If nobody has taken it by Feb 27th, I'll become the proud owner and would pay to cover shipping :)

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
now sold, thanks

Thanks Nephilim - I'll bear that in mind.

NO AGREEMENTS AT THIS STAGE FOLKS - STILL AVAILABLE FACE TO FACE/CASH PAYMENT PLEASE.

Thanks for looking

K :D

Last edited:

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
now sold, thanks

How accurate is it at 20m? Does it show that the barrel is off?

The sights have been set to compensate (Rear site moved to the extreme left). When I last shot it I was able to hit a target in a standard pellet catcher two badminton courts away. A close look along it and you can see the misalignment.

If a potential/serious buyer is local to me I'm happy to meet up so they can have a go.

K

Last edited:

Keithlard

Feb 15, 2012
Cornwall
A .177 air rifle is not really the tool for rabbits and squirrels unless you can make accurate headshots with it. This sounds like it would be much better suited to shooting beer cans off the garden fence, which is a delightful and worthy pursuit.

Docherty

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2010
Dorset
A 177 is perfectly capable of dispatching rabbits, squirrels, pigeons and any other legal air rifle quarry in the UK but as Keithlard says, head shots. Having said that, I only take head shots with my 22.

air rifles all come down to who makes them - there will be a world of difference between an SMK 177 and a BSA 177 :)

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
now sold, thanks

A .177 air rifle is not really the tool for rabbits and squirrels unless you can make accurate headshots with it. This sounds like it would be much better suited to shooting beer cans off the garden fence, which is a delightful and worthy pursuit.

A 177 is perfectly capable of dispatching rabbits, squirrels, pigeons and any other legal air rifle quarry in the UK but as Keithlard says, head shots. Having said that, I only take head shots with my 22.

air rifles all come down to who makes them - there will be a world of difference between an SMK 177 and a BSA 177 :)

You are both absolutely right chaps. This is plinker and I would say not accurate enough (without a bit of servicing - hence the price!!!) for a humane dispatch.

...but please, this is a sales thread. Can discussion be saved for elsewhere? Your info is useful but I have been very upfront about the item I am selling from the outset.

Can we reserve the thread for sales please? As I have said, I am happy for a potential buyer to pm and we can arrange a try out.

Many thanks

K :eek:

Last edited:

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Ah if it won't be good enough for humane dispatch then ill withdraw. Purely because I get loads of rabbits and squirrels in my gardens and want to dispatch of them quickly whilst adding to my furs and pot.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Last try - I'll take £25 face-to-face, cash only. No offers please.

An Easter project for someone?

Please don't post a discussion in this thread - pm if there are any questions and I will add the answer if pertinent to the sale - thanks.

K

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me

31.05.15 - last try, i want this out of the loft. £15. Cash only. Collection only. Happy to meet in the halifax, huddersfield area.

​

now sold, thanks

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE