Badgers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Well i,m just back from a supposed short stroll that took more than 3 hours,and the distance covered,a mile if your lucky.So why it took me so long was that i found a badgers set,well actually i found it a few weeks ago while out and about,and its only a field away from my house. Anyway i was,nt really heading for the set but ended up there,so as i,ve never seen badgers before i thought i,ll sit down and see what happens. Well i sat there until my butt was numb and the midgies had bitten a few chunks out of me,then my mind started to wander, it got to thinking why should i be privileged to see badgers in there natural enviroment on my first ever watch,especially since it was,nt a planned thing,then just as i was thinking right i,ve had enough of this for a game of soldiers i saw movement,there in front of me not 15 feet away 3 badgers came out of the set,they started to play and fight making these grunting sounds running around wrestling with each other,totally oblivious to my presance.I sat there mesmerized until they must have decided it was time for something to eat,so as they headed of in different directions i made my way quietly out of the wood so as not to alarm them.

I,ve had a smile on face all evening thinking about their antics,anyway i thought i,d share that with you and i think it,ll not be long until i,m back watching them cos it was great. CHEERS STUART F.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Awesome story, Stuart! Thanks for sharing that! Wow - I am so jealous!! :mrgreen:

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Well it just keeps getting better,today i walked about 15 miles down the dis- used railway line back to my home town and on the way i found some field mushrooms,so as i gathered a couple for tomorrows breakfast a fox which must have been sunning itself stuck its head up in front of me, i dont know who got the biggest supprise me or it and just as it was sinking in it took to its heels.Then further on 2 roe deer crossed in front of me plus hare ,buzzards, what else can i ask for, well all in all another magic day out
CHEERS STUART F.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
3 badgers came out of the set,they started to play and fight making these grunting sounds running around wrestling with each other,totally oblivious to my presance.
Thats what I like about badgers, they are such social creatures. If you scout about their territory you will find areas designated to social activity and play..... a great place to watch them do what they do best :)

Ed

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Think I found some badger tracks today, but it was an SSSI so I couldn't go investigating... :theyareon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE