Back to Basics Camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scrimmy

Forager
Mar 11, 2008
Whitley Bay
www.freewebs.com
Will be hopefully taking the Scouts on a back to basics camp this August, teaching them the basics, e.g. fire lighting, shelter building (which they willl be sleeing in), camp cooking including preparation ( gutting and skinning included) and also knife and axe craft. I think iv'e got plenty ideas for most things, just would like the food to be more natural, with scouts learning plant identification to produce a meal. August seems to be a hard month, so I was just wondering if anyone one has any dishes, or ideas of plants to be included. We will be camping in a mature deciduous woodland. Thank You in advance Cain.

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
I always thought august was a good month, many fruits e.g blaeberries and brambles and stuff are ready, wild rasps, alpine strawberries, some nuts, crab apples, and the salmon really start running. Plus the weather is warm, but the midges are about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE