Back button not working due to advertising script

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
This lunchtime whilst enjoying perusing my favourite websites over my sarnies Bushcraft UK exhibited an annoying habit

Pressing the Back button does not "go back", it stays on the same page. Further investigation revealed the last page visited was in fact not Bushcraft UK but "metrics.nt.vc" which looks like some kind of browsing history gathering site linked to targetted advertising

Sneaky Big Brother approach? Something I'm not too chuffed about anyway.

Don't get this on my Linux laptop using Firefox at home. Lunchtimes are spent on the Windoze PC at work.

John

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
It works fine on all of my machines here, but I have addons installed that block most of the trackers and information-scrapers and I suspect that's what is doing it.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry about that, I'm not able to replicate it though on firefox, chrome or safari, I've got no ad blocking software. When you click to go back a few times does it keep on that page as well?

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
It works fine on all of my machines here, but I have addons installed that block most of the trackers and information-scrapers and I suspect that's what is doing it.

I'm reliant on what the IT dept configures as regards stuff like that to block stuff. Guess they haven't :lmao:

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Sorry about that, I'm not able to replicate it though on firefox, chrome or safari, I've got no ad blocking software. When you click to go back a few times does it keep on that page as well?

Basically Tony constant clicking on the Back button stays on the page in Internet Explorer. I have to click and hold the Back button to see the history then I can choose two steps previous to avoid the "metrics.nt.vc" page. Annoying but not insurmountable. As I said no problems at home (like now) with Firefox on my Linux Mint HP laptop

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I get this on the work PC. It happens on all sorts of sites, not just here. It comes and goes. Some days it works fine, others it's just as John describes. I just put it down to computers being increasingly useless!

Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE