Axe re-profile

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scott1976

Nov 15, 2012
Dalton in Furness
Hi all just wondering if there is anyone in Cumbria or north lancs that could reprofile an axe head for me. I have obtained an axe head that needs some tlc mainly around the cutting face.It looks like someone has been at it with a file. Please contact me with costs etc thanks Scott

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Give it a go yourself bud, if you have the equipment that is, Re profile it with a file to take the dings and nicks out of it, Finish it off with a sharpening stone, Lastly smear a little oil over it to protect it from rust/corrosion, There are plenty of tutorials online that'll put you right on how to do it as well as safety tips, Then you have the satisfaction of having done it yourself.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
yeh have a go mate,really easy but not too much heat.i reprofiled a kent pattern a while back.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Slow and smooth action. Clamp the head in a vice if you have one to make life easier.
Not the best, but I cut corners with a cheap axe from B&Q the other year. It's poop, and had no edge. But on the belt sander on the loose section you get a nice convex edge quickly which is what you need (the convex edge not the quick bit). Then I sharpened it normally once the profile was there. I only use it for chopping up garden waste so it suits this job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE