Axe Head I.D. Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
I was given this by my Father who picked it up last week in an antique shop. It has been soaked in vinegar for 24 hrs, and I have cleaned it up a bit.
As seen from the pictures it has a makers mark but I don't know it ? Any ideas ?

I doubt if the axe is that old, but it is a nice shaped axe head, and a nice thin cheek & bit.It also has a nice 'ring' to it when tapped It weighs 2lb and is very similar to my GB Scandinavian Forest axe.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Eifion

DSCN3046.jpgDSCN3047.jpgDSCN3049.jpg

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have an excellent one from my local boot market, as bigroomboy has stated it's a Spearwell.

Last edited:

Perrari

Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Thanks for all the info guys ! Dave you were close ! Very Close ! I shall look forward to doing this one up ! And by the sounds of it a worthwhile project. Thanks also Tagnut for the history lesson. I didn't know about the merger of those companies until now ! So I can go to sleep tonight a wiser man ! Thanks !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE