Axe find

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I was out and about in Lewes Sussex on Monday, the Mrs Hugo treated me as it was my birthday, some nice food and warm drinks and browsing (in the rain mind) antique style shops, whilst in one shop where a previous visit saw Mrs Hugo buy me a nice draw knife I spied a Wetterlings axe 3 pound head weight and looks like a forest axe, Mrs Hugo did some bartering and gave it to me along with uncle Rays new book.
Well I had to clean up the handle with some brush cleaner, not bad , but I wanted it better looking so a little sanding and ages hand sharpening with a paddle strop and some more new sandpaper, job done, looks real nice and is well balanced and cuts paper nicely, not too hard and not too soft steel.
Pictures will be posted tomorrow morning just to keep you axe lovers waiting.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Sounds like a nice birthday Hugo. Careful with the sharpening though. I nearly cut me finger off with the axe you sold me. :banghead:

Happy birthday to ya. :beerchug:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Great birthday gift! Great wife too. I remember my wife getting me a pump action shotgun one year....another guy in the shop looked at me with sad eyes and said "I got a ****** sweater :("

MHR!

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the kind words guys, Arron mate being 62 years of age I take things more slowly than I used to so it's sweet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE