Average age and background.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
I'm 23. Work in marketing. Love my job. Have a marketing education too. Plenty of options to study further, but just don't want to.

Would love to work on a marketing position in an outdoor-related company. State Forest Management Center for example. :)

We Estonians are probably taught a lot more forest-related knowledge by our parents compared to children Western Europe. It's a lot more common here at least. If you don't know a few mushrooms, wild edibles and almost all the common trees you are considered a bit daft. I even heard an anecdote of a guy who slapped their child for asking whether a juniper is a pine or a spruce.

I ran around in the forest and bushes starting from age 6, all the way up to my teens. Then got with the cool kids and started extreme sports, messed up my knee and moved abroad to study. There I met a guy who probably said something that will affect me to the end of my days: "Think about what you liked to do when you were a child. Do that and you will be happy." I re-discovered outdoor-related activities about 2-3 years ago and have for about 1,5 years now actively developed my skills and bought gear to help myself stay outside more.

I love being alone, that's the only way I rest properly and the woods is the ideal place for that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE