Australian Hootchie/Tarp/Basha/Poncho

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
Greetings all, I am a virgin poster so please be kind. ;)

forgive me for posting what is in essence a re-post of a topic which is has been cover before, albeit some years ago but I was wanting to tap into this font of knowledge to see weather anybody knew of a UK stockist of the Aussie Poncho.

I am aware the Ray Mears stocks them however the prices seem vastly over-inflated for a product which I purchased a number of years ago for lot less. The place where I managed to acquire one has since closed and although I am aware that they can be purchased directly from Australia, the import tax and duration preclude that as an option. :nono:

Many thanks in advance.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
FYI, I contacted Endicotts today and they longer supply the the tarps and their website price is different from their last given price for them.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
I contacted all those recommended and none are selling them any more. So, for anybody else looking out there, look elsewhere. The best source is probably direct from Oz, although a import tax penalty will follow suit. :nono:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Import duty starts at £18 ish for a commercial product or £36 if a gift so if you can get it for less (including postage), thats AU$35 and AU$61, your laughing.

http://gameymilitaria.tripod.com/auscam16.html

I got mine years ago from Greg Amey at Aussie Digger and it cost me abou £15 all in.

I never did track down a O group version, which is bigger.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

Woz888

Aug 17, 2010
Downunder
Interestingly I was looking at some UK tarps, being the right size and all, but the quoted postage was somewhat exorbitant. Oh well, no hurry.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
The postage is crazy, but even when that is taken into account, they are still cheaper than those on sale over. Goes to show how people are getting ripped off and looking around pays off. Hopefully you get yours soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE