Audible Books Suggestions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I've just been notified that I have 5 credits built up on my Audible Account.

Anyone care to suggest a Book ??

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Don't use Audible myself, but what genres do you like. Political, Crime, Bodice busters, Autobiographical, Thrillers, Sci-fi. Fiction. Non fiction.
I've just finished reading 'Luca Antara' by Martin Redmond, excellent read in my opinion.

Reactions: TeeDee

RG30something

Jun 23, 2020
Reading, Berks
I use it. Same position exactly: 5 unused credits! Just downloaded bushcraft 101 by Dave Canterbury. Too early to say if it’s any good. I find books if that type don’t translate too well to audiobooks as you have to refer to a separate pdf for diagrams etc.
John Hudson, the leader of the SERE school has a book out which is on there. I think it’s called How to Survive. Might give that a go.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Having seen and enjoyed The Martian film, the book popped up as a Kindle recommendation. I hesitated, but it was £1.99. It’s proved to be the best book I’ve read in ages. I don’t use Audible, but it is available and gets good reviews. I watched the film again last night and was surprised how accurate to the book it is, but how much more detail is included for the reader.

On a similar theme, the Dennis.E Taylor Bobiverse books are great fun. Think Pratchett in space. Also, it’s a trilogy so far, so if you enjoy it there are two more and a fourth later this year.

I’ll add one of my favourite recordings ever.

Last edited:

RG30something

Jun 23, 2020
Reading, Berks
If you're looking for suggestions outside of bushcraft books, I really enjoy the John Milton series by Mark Dawson and I can't recommend them highly enough. Sort of like the Jack Reacher books if you've read any of them (ignore the films, they're not great IMO) which are also very good if you like action type books.
The Mark Heckenburg books by Paul Finch are also very enjoyable if you like police procedural type stuff, as are the Robert Hunter books by Chris Carter (these are quite gruesome, normally centering around the detective hunting the serial killer du jour).

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
I can second the Bobiverse, I've got the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix, The Dune series by Frank Herbert, The Dark Tower by Steven King, I'm currently going through the wind on fire by William Nicholson, great series but a proper tear jerker. Check out the BBC series, they have all of the unbelievable truth as a podcast so you don't have to pay, there is also I'm sorry I haven't a clue treasuries which are fantastic.

Audible has been a life saver since I've started my hour long commute.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I opted for this one :-

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I opted for this one :-

I just popped back to the thread to ask you what you went for. I’ve gone for the 30 day free trial and used one of my credits to buy The Forward Series that includes a short by Andy Weir, the author who scienced the heck out of the finite resources in The Martian.

I didn‘t realise how expensive these books are. Of course, it’s obvious why when someone has put probably several days into reading, others into editing and production.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I would also suggest David Goggins " Can't Hurt Me " as another excellent listen. Quite moving tbh

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Also opted for this , which is a fascinating subject ( to me at least )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE