Attaching/Uploading Images

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GreenNomad

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2016
Hertfordshire
Hi,

I am struggling to find how I can upload/attach images to a thread from my PC rather than via URL.

The FAQ page says there should be a 'Manage Attachments' button when opening a new thread.. but the only thing relevant I have is the 'Insert Image' button which is URL only.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

xairbourne

Jan 10, 2006
Pontypool
www.youtube.com
Are you seeing this when clicking on insert image?
attachment.php

from computer (if full member)
browse image
upload file.

Attachments

• upload.JPG
    upload.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 49

GreenNomad

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2016
Hertfordshire
Ahhh it must be because I'm not a full member, I only get the 'From URL' tab.

Damn, Wanted to document a small project on a thread! >.<

Thanks though, appreciate your time

Last edited:

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

First time on the new site and finding my way around.

I am a full member and I too am only getting the URL request when I click on the image icon on the top tool bar?

If I click on the Upload file button in the bottom right hand corner I find that I can nav to an image on my pewta that I want to post.

I am given the choice of a thumbnail or the full image.

Whichever I select - if I subsequently Preview the message, unlike on the old site there is no image just a blue character link to it.

If I click on that link the screen changes and I get BushcraftUK Community - Error.

I've added an image to this message - Hanwag SF GTX boot to see if it appears on the site when I post this reply.

If it doesn't - I would like to post a flummaxed smiley face but when I click on the smiley icon nowt happens - where have they gone - isn't their accommodation on the new site ready yet? lol

Hanwag SF.jpg

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Nice jacket - bet its expensive.

having posted in this thread I clicked back to the New Posts list and I'm noticing quite a delay before (if at all!) the recent additoons to the thread are showing. On the old site it was almost instantaneous.

I only got back to this thread by going into my own recent activity field - anyone noticing the same?

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Ah.

Could it be that it only appears in 'Recent Posts' - if so what's the difference between a 'New Post' and a 'Recent Post'?

Are recent posts ones that are ongoing conversations and new posts new to a viewer when you login?

Whoa - smiley icons just arrived - 12 of them.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE