Attaching/Uploading Images

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

GreenNomad

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2016
Hertfordshire
Hi,

I am struggling to find how I can upload/attach images to a thread from my PC rather than via URL.

The FAQ page says there should be a 'Manage Attachments' button when opening a new thread.. but the only thing relevant I have is the 'Insert Image' button which is URL only.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

GreenNomad

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2016
Hertfordshire
Ahhh it must be because I'm not a full member, I only get the 'From URL' tab.

Damn, Wanted to document a small project on a thread! >.<

Thanks though, appreciate your time

Last edited:

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

First time on the new site and finding my way around.

I am a full member and I too am only getting the URL request when I click on the image icon on the top tool bar?

If I click on the Upload file button in the bottom right hand corner I find that I can nav to an image on my pewta that I want to post.

I am given the choice of a thumbnail or the full image.

Whichever I select - if I subsequently Preview the message, unlike on the old site there is no image just a blue character link to it.

If I click on that link the screen changes and I get BushcraftUK Community - Error.

I've added an image to this message - Hanwag SF GTX boot to see if it appears on the site when I post this reply.

If it doesn't - I would like to post a flummaxed smiley face but when I click on the smiley icon nowt happens - where have they gone - isn't their accommodation on the new site ready yet? lol

Hanwag SF.jpg

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Nice jacket - bet its expensive.

having posted in this thread I clicked back to the New Posts list and I'm noticing quite a delay before (if at all!) the recent additoons to the thread are showing. On the old site it was almost instantaneous.

I only got back to this thread by going into my own recent activity field - anyone noticing the same?

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Ah.

Could it be that it only appears in 'Recent Posts' - if so what's the difference between a 'New Post' and a 'Recent Post'?

Are recent posts ones that are ongoing conversations and new posts new to a viewer when you login?

Whoa - smiley icons just arrived - 12 of them.:)