Athlete's Foot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
theres already loads of advice but

i found after youve had a good wash and dried thoroughly, rub in a little bit of some vicks vapor rub on the affected areas then some woolly socks over the top to trap the vapor in.

Works well, keeps your feet fresh all day and feels nice when you initially put on footwear as it traps the vapor even better, you can feel it. It's antibacterial and moisturises a bit and smells nice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Soak them in water with a bit of potassium permanganate. It'll turn your nails brown and give a tan look to the skin but it'll kill anything cheesy dead in short order.

Air them out whenever possible, powder them regularly, stuff like mycil is good.

Good advice,potassium permanganate has always worked for me, I always carry some whenever I am out, its also good for lighting fires,and i am partial to heavily tanned legs too,,,,,,,lol

leon-1

Soak them in water with a bit of potassium permanganate.

This is good advice. You do need to understand how to use it properly though. Use small amounts to dilute into water until it's a reddy purple colour as it can then be used as a fungicide for the treatment of fungal infections including athletes foot and ringworm.

Potassium Permanganate is a really handy chemical, it has many uses, but make sure you know what you are doing first especially if you are going to use it to sterilise water for consumption, too much of the stuff will poison you (as with pretty much most water treatments apart from boiling and SODIS).

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
I used to get it...but went away after treatment and the fact i am barefoot whenever practical.
At home,no slippers or socks and if i go in garden i wear open toe slip on sandals.
Great advice above

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Are you on about foot rot or athletes foot ? Foot rot my brother had, sandles till it dried and fell off ( huge wad of dry skin). The itching on my feet, after various creams and 2hat not, i cured by not putting softner into my washing machine, non bio powder also helps.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Same condition. Caused by a fungus.
The diagnosis is Tinea Pedis.
Tinea is in Latin ‘worm’ and Pedis is foot.

You can get that fungal infection in other places too, us guys usually in the crotch.

Trench foot is different, a prolonged condition caused by non existent hygiene, cold and dampness. Can later be infected by fungus, which makes it worse, but that is secondary.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE