Asiatic style bow

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
SOLD!
I've had this for a while but I rarely shoot fibreglass bows anymore so I thought someone here might like it. It's a Czaba Grozer Crimean Tartar style bow, 45lb drawweight at 28" (although it is safe to draw to 32") it can be used by both left and right handed shooters, its fast and pleasant to shoot with no sign of stacking at 28"
2006_0925Image0002a.jpg

2006_0925Image0003a.jpg

I'm asking £125 for it, that includes postage in the UK (I'll post overseas but postage will be charged at cost) Paypal prefered.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
:banghead: Darn I forgot it was pay day today or I wouldn't have restrained myself.

These bows look really good.

Hope you enjoy using it bent-stick :)

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
I have the crimean tartar (gloat) - shot it in competition for the first time 2 weeks ago and it goes like a rocket.

and a magyar (not grozer but close, a chap called Zoltan who trades at the re-enactment fairs)

and a steve ralphs scythian

The magyar is the most forgiving. the broad limbs and huge syahs make it feel very safe. There's a bit of shock when the syahs stop moving.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
pierre girard said:
For some reason - I've always wanted a composite bow. I have a couple of recurve bows, but I know nothing about composites. I looked at the grozer site:

http://www.grozerarchery.com/index_m.htm

Which bow would you recommend for a novis like myself?
I have a Grozer Magyar and had the Crimean Tartar and of the two the Magyar is more forgiving. But they are both great bows. I think 3 rivers archery in the US do some asiatic style bows. Give them a google.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Snufkin said:
I have a Grozer Magyar and had the Crimean Tartar and of the two the Magyar is more forgiving. But they are both great bows. I think 3 rivers archery in the US do some asiatic style bows. Give them a google.

I checked and they have a Magyar style. How many pounds would you suggest - as I will (probably) be using it for hunting?

PG

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
pierre girard said:
I checked and they have a Magyar style. How many pounds would you suggest - as I will (probably) be using it for hunting?

PG
I'm no expert on bow hunting but I would suggest a minimum of 50lbs @28" but higher, if you can comfortably and accurately shoot it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE