Artificial Sinew - Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Right then, I got a letter this morning from Parcelfarce Worldwide saying the box is at their depot. They want £35 for VAT and a handling charge, so I'll sort that out on Monday and hopefully have your sinew packed and ready to post out to you all the day after.

Eric

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Right then, I got a letter this morning from Parcelfarce Worldwide saying the box is at their depot. They want £35 for VAT and a handling charge, so I'll sort that out on Monday and hopefully have your sinew packed and ready to post out to you all the day after.

Eric

Eric,
Can we contribute to this or was it included in the price you gave us. If it wasn't then it seems a bit unfair that you should bear the cost of doing us a favour:eek:

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Don't worry about it. I should have thought about customs intercepting it, being such a large box and all that. If anyone wants to help offset this cost, feel free, but there's no obligation to do so.

What hacked me off most though was their attitude when I phoned them this morning, they wanted payment by credit card. I said I don't have a credit card. They said cheque in the post then. I said I only have a savings account, no cheque book, but I can send a postal order. They said we don't accept postal orders. I couldn't believe it. Parcel Force don't accept postal orders. So I asked how I could pay it and they said cash if I call at the depot myself with the letter they sent and some photo identity like a passport. OK I said, I'll be there Monday morning. Trouble is, the depot is in Gateshead, in the middle of an industrial estate not on any bus route, and muggins here doesn't have a car. So, three busses and a mile and a half walk on Monday and a mile and a half walk with a heavy box and three busses back home, just because they don't accept postal orders.

Eric

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Parcelforce are a pain in the bottom over this. UPS, FEDEX and some other couriers that thave delivered to me collect payments at the door on delivery, OK they do call and ask for a card payment over the phone, I always tell them that I do give card details over the phoneand thats the end of it.

Now then chaps, if we devide the £35 that Eric is going to get spanked for on our behalf it works out at £1.45 per roll. Up it to £2.00 for each roll and it will help towards his bus fares.

I have sent my £2.00.

Remember Eric is doing this for us, and bringing us a product that I cannot obtain in the UK.

:)

Variant 13

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Berkshire
Well said guys and girls, it's good to see this attitude prevailing.

Couple of quid on it's way Eric, sorry to hear you've had so much hassle for doing everyone a favour.

All the best,
Graham

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Ahhh, cheers guys, I really appreciate what you've done there.

Anyway, I'm just back with the box and I'll get the sinew packaged tonight and sent out tomorrow morning. I need a cup of tea first though.

Eric

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
All the sinew for the first group buy were posted Royal Mail First Class at 11.00am this morning. Most of you should get them by tomorrow (Wednesday, 14th May 08) or Thursday at the latest. If you have not recieved yours by Saturday, please let me know.

Eric

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Now that I know this system works OK, and I have taken into account the fact that Customs will charge VAT and ParcelFarce will charge a handling fee, I'll be doing another group buy for those on the waiting list.

I'm going to start another thread for 'group buy 2'. Anyone on the waiting list, please put your name down on the new thread.

Thanks everybody.

Incidentally, when I got to the collection orifice yesterday to pick the box up, I asked the lass there why Parcel Farce don't accept Postal Orders. She asked me what a postal order was. Duh? I'm not that old surely? Anyway, she went through to the back and asked one of the managers. He came out to have a look at me and said "I'm sorry sir, Parcel Force Worldwide don't accept postal orders because nobody to my knowledge has ever asked to before". Anyway, my daughter has agreed to pay the charges for the next one and I'll give her the money, so I'll get it delivered to the door next time.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE