Article: SoulPad 4000-Hybrid-G Canvas Bell Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
Great review and pictures, looks like quality bit of kit, and I think your right about squeezing a few more people in for some added snugness.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi Craig,

Thank you so much for the time and effort you've obviously put into your review. Although not in a position to buy just yet I've spent about a year trying to make my mind up about which manufacturer to plump for, scouring the internet for reviews, but I've found that there just aren't really any credible ones out there, until now!

I think, after addressing all of my concerns, you've made my mind up, and I think I'll be going for the 5m version, but before I do, please could I ask, how much research did you do on the competition? What made you choose Soul Pad?

Many thanks again, a really good, informative and confidence inspiring read,

Andy

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi AJB,

Glad it helped you out,

I first heard of the SoulPads from here and on the Song of the paddle forums, I read what threads I could find.

Like you said there aren't many reviews on them or their counterparts. I found snippets here and there on various sites and of course you tube.

There are a few other places that sell bell tents like the canvastentshop.co.uk etc but once again there are even less informative articles about their products ( that I could find at the time).

The general feedback for the Soulpad seemed to be very good so they were the ones that stood out stood out.

If there is anything else about the SP I haven't covered that I can help you with just let me know.

All the best

Craig

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thanks Craig,

Yes, I've looked at all the competition, but without reviews or the ability to go and look at them all I just couldn't make an informed choice, and it's too much money to just take a punt on. From their website I had the feel that Soul Pad were a bit more "glamping" orientated and I'd discounted them, but couldn't find an alternative that made more sense, so your review has really turned my opinion around. I've already posted a question on the others thread, that I'll copy below, but my main concerns are about drying it when you have to put it away wet and it's life span and maintenance requirements.

"Great thread, and I think when funds one day allow, I'll be having one. If you buy the Genie option, do Soul Pad decide where the stove goes or do they ask for your placement, if so please could I ask for thoughts on the best place to put the stove?"

Thanks again for your review,

Andy

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
boney: no worries mate, I have to give credit to Pandabean for the good photos, he done a really good job with them.

Rik: I emailed Zoe at SoulPad about this, she said that The SoulPads are made by SoulPad and that it is Bell Tent UK who are re-selling Oberlink tents.

AJB: Also asked about your question here is the response:

All the hybrid-G's come with the Genie pre-fitted at the 9 O'clock position (if you're inside the tent with you back to the door, the door being at 6 O'clock). Its considered to be the safest place allowing the exit to remain clear, and allowing for a safety distance around the stove.

SoulPad can reto-fit the Genie to most SoulPad models but will always do so at the 9 o'clock position (or the 3 o'clock position upon request), but never anywhere else for safety compliance reasons.

Hope that helps chaps.

All the best

Craig

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE