Article: Snare row as wildlife bill passed by MSPs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 6, 2011
Netherlands
Snaring in a perimeter around camp only, bells on the wires so you can look them up and quickly kill their catch, passing an exam in snaring "humanely" and having the paper to prove it? Wouldn't that be a solution for continued use by bushcrafters?

I yet have to look up our legislation here in the Netherlands,
can't imagine it is legal here in any possible way
(knowing very well the delicate nature of the collective and sometimes frail emotional life of "mah people" where it concerns pet-like critters lol).

I guess there's always a fine line between respecting animals and rather hypocritical we-only-eat-unrecognisable-meats-from-the-supermarket-people who get overemotional when it comes down to the real thing.

Also curious as to the exact details of the legislation, sooooooo much I don't know yet.

Snaring makes sense as it stops the species Chav/Nedius Maximus arming themselves with 12f/lb air rifles and getting away with it, air guns used improperly cause a much worse death if used improperly (internal bleeding/ lead poisoning), I'm glad that the law hasn't outright banned snaring as a practice because I couldn't take my ferrets and nets to a camp.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Worth noting something that is excellent about Scottish Law in that, apart from poaching apparently, corroboration is required for far more convictions and the acceptance of evidence tha in England and Wales. For example in England we have people convicted on the single testimony of a fellow prisoner which I believe could not happen in Scotland.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
..............yeah, but you can still end up with a, 'Not Proven', verdict too.
Most of us look on that result as the, "We ken fine you did something, we just haven't proved it!", verdict. I'm told that the Procurator Fiscals hate those results because everyone blames them for not doing enough.

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE