Article: Leatherman EDC Rebar Multitool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I will stick with my Surge...gets used almost daily and the blades are great for cutting plastic strap bands on timber.
I don't like the lock knife law as it tars all for the acts of the very few and would like to know how many people visit A&E due to non locking knife injuries.
Leatherman have been my go to multi tool for close on 20 years, the quality is superb so for some this one might be a good fit, just not me.
Rob.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Waterproof version? Leatherman makes a water-soluble version as well? Mighty tastey.

Thanks for the review. I can see buying 2 of them. One for me and one that rides in my suitcase.
The only sure way that I know to prevent anything from ever breaking again on a trip in my life.

reaverman

Oct 19, 2016
Bracknell
I'm hopefully picking up my 3 Leatherman tools tomorrow. I've ordered the Rebar, Signal and Micra. But the version I have ordered, has two blades with it

LipinCat

Feb 23, 2017
London
I'm hopefully picking up my 3 Leatherman tools tomorrow. I've ordered the Rebar, Signal and Micra. But the version I have ordered, has two blades with it

I've got Micra as EDC in my pocket and Wingman in the backpack. Is Rebar really that better than Wingman or Sidekick? The price is significantly higher. Unfortunately I don't have much to spend on my hobby and often buy stuff only when I find discounts at www.picodi.com/uk/ or elswhere. I couldn't find any discounted Rebars so far :(

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Probably a stupid question but wouldn't the locking saw blade on this be just as illegal for EDC as a locking knife blade?

madra

Oct 6, 2008
the intarweb
...I don't like the lock knife law as it tars all for the acts of the very few...
Rob.

Such has always been the way with British law. Punish the many for the acts of the few. Happens all the time. As I've said before on this site, when I was a wee fella, we all carried pen-knives from when we were knee-high to a grasshopper. It was just one of those things you always had on you, like a packet of sweets, a snotty hankie and a piece of hairy string.

Strangely enough, although we fell out and fought all the time, like kids do, I never remember anyone pulling out their knife to threaten or attack anyone --ever. It wouldn't have even crossed our minds. Nowadays, they'll knife someone for "looking at them in a funny way". But, of course the fault lies with the knives themselves and not with the parents who've brought up a generation of kids without any discipline, in a world were no-one is allowed to lay a finger on them and they think they can do whatever they like, without any comeback.

</rant>

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE