Article: Edgepro Apex knife sharpening system

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Good review Graham.It looks a nice easy setup if perhaps a tad pricy for many of us.Glad it's paying it's way though.TBH around here most of the kitchen knives I've come across would be better described as serrated than sharp! Maybe I should get one and set up a new business!Cheers , Simon

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Good review and nice pics. I had the pro version for a while which comes in a big plastic box and makes you look like a serious knife sharpening dude. It works well if you have a bunch of big knives to sharpen. It doesn't work so well on small blades like the sloyd carving knives I work with. I also found it was a bit of a faff getting it all out and set up for an odd knife, perfect if you have 1 dozen kitchen knives to do. Mine got sold on and I go freehand on waterstones, it was an interesting experience using it for a while though.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Great review mate, took me a while to get used to mine but I finally got my knives pretty sharp on it. I find it hard to get the sharpening right on blades with anything more than a tiny amount of belly.. it seems the curve in the blade just puts it off kilter or something. I don't know it may just be me!Nevertheless a wonderful piece of kit! Consistency is the name of the game with sharpening and this has bucket loads of it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE