Article: 5.11 Stryke Shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Looks like a good shirt. For how long can you wear it before the dreadful synthetic clothing smelliness kicks off? I know it'll depend on usage and wearer to some degree but I assume that it will smell pretty rank, pretty quickly with that proportion of polyester in the make up...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I guess the quality of the shirt means that it will probably last at least twice as long as one that costs half the price....
As to pong - I have yet to have any issues here - no worse than other poly-cotton shirts: generally I find that I can keep myself clean and my gear smelling sweet with an occasional wash - even in the field! As the poly cotton dries so fast you can get your kit washed and dried overnight in decent weather.
I find poly-cotton to be less evil than 100% synthetic which can start humming after a few hours wear..... but not as pong free as 100% naturals..

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Looks like a good shirt. For how long can you wear it before the dreadful synthetic clothing smelliness kicks off? I know it'll depend on usage and wearer to some degree but I assume that it will smell pretty rank, pretty quickly with that proportion of polyester in the make up...

Well I don't know about the smell, but I bought a pair of the 5.11 TDU trousers, sure they look good, but way to heavy duty and sweaty for me , I cant wear them in warm weather without getting Jock's Itch. If you want a lightweight active wear shirt for summer try the Craghopper NosiLife Safari shirt, £25 quid cheaper to.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

Well I don't know about the smell, but I bought a pair of the 5.11 TDU trousers, sure they look good, but way to heavy duty and sweaty for me , I cant wear them in warm weather without getting Jock's Itch. If you want a lightweight active wear shirt for summer try the Craghopper NosiLife Safari shirt, £25 quid cheaper to.

Personal choice - I wear the 5.11 Taclite Pro trousers in summer without issues and I am generally a sweaty person....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE