Army surplus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
looks like the same mug that Woodlore sell for approx £18.50

It looks the same and has the marks on it for different measures and is stainless steel.

so what's that £12.50 mark up ??

cheers

john

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
The Woodlore ones are new while the others are grade 1 used. Strikeforce Supplies are cheaper tho! :-D

johnboy said:
looks like the same mug that Woodlore sell for approx £18.50

It looks the same and has the marks on it for different measures and is stainless steel.

so what's that £12.50 mark up ??

cheers

john

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
they certainly look like the crusader mugs but i can't see the markings in the picture which would confirm whether it is a real one or not

the best thing to do would be to ring them and ask them if they are real crusader mugs or copys

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Does it matter if there not real crusader mugs?

I work it out to be £2.35 per mug when you include the vat.

thats for a stainless steel mug with measuring marks!! They might be grade 1 but I think you'd be hard pushed to tell the differance between grade 1 and new if you clean them up, they sure are cheap!! Has to be a bushcraft bargin.

cheers

John

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Sorry - forgot to say that link I mentioned is a wholesaler and minimum order is £250

Mind you, if you can get an esbit stove and fuel for 75p, a water bottle for £1.50 and a mug for £2.35, some shops must be making a good profit.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
I've had a mug & waterbottle on order from http://www.the-outdoor.co.uk/ishop/853/shopscr147.html for a month, and they've told me today that they're expecting some in "next week". These people are the retail bit of Field Textiles the wholesalers. Downside is the £7-50 standard delivery charge - ouch. Still you can always add plenty of army surplus kit to your order - and anyway, I reckon a genuine British Army grade 1 steel mug and waterbottle for 16.49 is still a good deal!

These mugs are like rocking horse dung, so get an order in PDQ if you're interested in one.

Ted W

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I always thought the Woodlore mugs were the original crusader mugs. The new teflon coated ones have only been out a while. This is stuff that Stuart knows like the back of his hand, Oi Stuart :-D

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
the 58 pattern (1958) is the older ... the newer ones are 85 I think.
donkeyporge said:
Is the ‘58’ Waterbottle the same as the NATO Waterbottle?

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
The '58 bottle is still on issue, it's black, hefty and holds a litre. I've seen it described as a NATO waterbottle by some dealers.
However what you'll also see described as a NATO bottle is the Dutch/American type (they're dimensionally identical), it's green, comparatively soft and holds a quart.
Both have associated cups which are not interchangeable.
Both have also been copied by the far east "toy" market, haven't seen one of the 58 copies yet, but the quality of the copy of the US/Dutch bottle is execrable.

Nick in Belfast

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
maddave said:
Tony said:

The Crusader mugs are teflon coated alloy
The "Mears mug" is stainless steel. Other than that the dimensions etc are the same. Hope this helps :)

The Crusader mugs come in two types Black teflon coated and standard (non coated)

The black ones are not alloy, they are plain stainless steel just like the normal ones but with a teflon coating

mears sells the standard non-coated version

what is refured too as the 58 pattern canteen is the current issue
the crusader mug is designed to fit onto the bottom

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I Know I was involved in designing it!! :-D

runs on most fuels: sticks, meths, alcohol, etc but its was designed to run on green heat gel fuel

We suggested to the MOD that they use green heat fuel because when it burns it only gives off Carbon dioxide (not much either)

so it is safe to use in snow holes and confined spaces

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE