Army Surplus Shops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Risclean

Forager
Feb 28, 2007
North Highlands
I thought it might be useful to list the online army surplus shops I have used, and others I have come across. Keep in mind that my views on delivery prices are based on delivery to the Highlands. If anybody has used any of these shops or knows any others please post your comments and information.

Becketts www.armynnavy.com Good range, good service, free delivery.

Combat Service Support www.combatservicesupport.co.uk good range, delivery a bit high

The Combat Store www.thecombatstore.co.uk small range, some intersting stuff, good prices and service.

Dragon Surpplies www.dragonsupplies.co.uk service ok, but it seemed that they were struggling a bit to keep up with orders

Fact Surplus www.factsurplus.co.uk small range, some interesting stuff, good service, good prices, free delivery.

Flecktarn www.flecktarn.co.uk Good range including uncommon stuff, good service, delivery a bit high

FSU Connections www.rusmilitary.com Russian army surplus, good service

Global Military Supplies www.globalmilitarysupplies.co.uk good service, good prices, free delivery

Lansdale Ltd www.lansdaleltd.com good range

Mean and Green www.meanandgreen.com large range, prices and delivery reasonable

Soldier of Fortune www.sof.co.uk Enormous range, can be a bit expensive.

Transworld Surplus www.transworldsurplus.co.uk free delivery on some items

These are shops I haven't used so far

AAKA www.aakamilitary.com

eCamo www.ecamo.co.uk

Army Co www.army.co.uk

BLUE AND GREEN www.bluengreen.co.uk

Genuine Army Surplus www.genuinearmysurplus.co.uk

Leith Army Stores www.lasoutdoors.com

Luton Army Surplus www.lutonarmysurplus.co.uk

Military Mart militarymart.co.uk

Military Kit www.military-kit.co.uk

Military Madness www.soldierstuff.co.uk

Premier Surplus www.premiersurplus.co.uk

Snowden's of Haworth www.snowdensofhaworth.co.uk

SASS www.sasskit.co.uk

USMC www.usmcpro.com

Surplus and Outdoors www.surplusandoutdoors.com

These are shops that were asking too much for delivery (to my part of the world anyway)

Lees Army Store www.leesarmystore.co.uk

British Army Surplus www.britisharmysurplus.com

Kit Monster www.ukkitmonster.com

MilitaryKit.com www.militarykit.com

Silverman's www.silvermans.co.uk

The Camp Shop www.campshop.co.uk

The Outdoors www.the-outdoor.co.uk

World of Surplus www.worldofsurplus.com

And the wooden spoon goes to

Surplus and Adventure www.surplusandadventure.com large range, poor service, not recommended

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
Yep, Another for Strikeforce (I discovered them thru Ebay).

Both me and my brother have bought gear from them and the service was good and fast delivery.
My bro got a pair of side pouches and related webbing (looked brand new) for £25 inc P&P.

Kev

Mar 27, 2007
uk
I like Strikeforce but wish they updated stock more. Another fav is Kit Monster
I orderd from Surplus & Adventure monday .... hope everything goes ok....

another good shop is www.ranger.uk.com

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm interested the Genuine Army Surplus are rated as expensive delivery - £5.95 for 10 24 hour ration packs seems cheap to me. When you think that they did me 24 hr packs at £5 each delivered, thats a bargain in my book. I don't use them much but when you add in everything from the puritabs onwards, they are stonking value

Red

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I'm interested the Genuine Army Surplus are rated as expensive delivery - £5.95 for 10 24 hour ration packs seems cheap to me. When you think that they did me 24 hr packs at £5 each delivered, thats a bargain in my book. I don't use them much but when you add in everything from the puritabs onwards, they are stonking value

Red

Not to mention that they are practically giving away Nanok Sleeping bags.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Waiting on a delivery from Genuine Army Surplus.

I ordered a Nanok bag (less than half what I paid 6 months back) for my boy and my mate ordered four of them :p

Getting a couple of ration packs too :D

The postage is a set fee for up to 20 kilos it seems so the whole lot is coming for that!

Andy

Risclean

Forager
Feb 28, 2007
North Highlands
Aye, I just checked Genuine Army Surplus and they have a reasonable rate. Should have done more thorough checking before I posted:eek:
Delivery charges to the Highlands can be very high though, some places charge 10 to 15 quid compared with about 5 quid for the rest of the country. The worst was B&Q who wanted to charge 55 quid delivery for a 15 quid cold frame:soapbox:
I don't buy from these shops, though they might well be fine if you're not so far away. The most I payed for delivery of a normal sized order is 6.50, at that was only for something I particularly wanted.

Jun 2, 2007
i dunno if it's relevent to this thread ...but a company called THATCHREAD is good, deals wholesale i know, but cash talks, webtex +viper stufff, but lots of military/security stock, sorry if i've spoken outta turn, but worth a look :) www.thatchreed.co.uk

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
My experience with Surplus and Adventure was terrible; spent around £50 on they're online shop, patiently waited two months for product before getting irate, nothing turned up, spent weeks making around 20-30 phone calls trying to get a refund for my fithty quid, I was constantly lied to by two members of staff there. Refund never came through until I got trading standards involved.

3Please

Forager
Jan 3, 2007
London
I placed and order with Surplusandoutdoors on Thursday morning and got it the next day.:lmao:

Placed and order for a couple of Nanok -10's earler in the week from Genuinearmysurplus so hoping everything goes ok there!

I had placed an order with Ironcladoutdoors, never got my delivery and only after 5 weeks of mucking around and being lied to, eventually got a refund.:censored: , so not recommended.

Great to see all these links, will have to add these to the list.

Rislean:You_Rock_

thanks

Adam

Goliath

Forager
Jun 19, 2006
Netherlands
Does anyone have experience with these shops shipping to the rest of Europe? (Holland)

Since we don't have any good online (or 'real' ) surplus shops that I know of.

You guys seem to have loads!

Risclean

Forager
Feb 28, 2007
North Highlands
As far as physical shops go try Harpers on Thurso High Street, if you're in the area. It's mainly fishing tackle but they have a reasonable bit of army surplus at good prices.
It's the only army surplus shop I know in the whole north half of Scotland. There's not even one in Inverness or Aberdeen, at least that I've found.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE