Army ration packs £3.50

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
cronos said:
The date on the side of the box is the packing date of the box.
The date on the boil in the bags is the the date Wayfarers (spelling?) processed and packed the meals into the bags.

The rations packs have a five year shelf life from the packing date on the box until they need to got rid of.

Cronos

Hello Cronos,

Well, if the above is true, and the numbers below separated by a Backslash are anything to do with months and years, does this mean I’m dead (I have eaten several packs)? :lmao:

A 06\04 4158
C 03\04 4137
G 01\05 5052

Please help!

Best regards,
Paul.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
remember that the pouches of food are like tinned food, if it has gone "off" the bag would swell up.

This year I have eaten packs from 97 without problems.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
dommyracer said:
If thats the packing date then you still have 2/3 years to go on them....

Hello dommyracer,

Well, yeah, if the two digits after the Backslash are years, but if it’s the other way round and I eat one from menu G, it could be ‘thank you and goodnight’ :lmao:

Best regards,
Paul.

cronos

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Norfolk
TheGreenMan said:
Hello Cronos,

Well, if the above is true, and the numbers below separated by a Backslash are anything to do with months and years, does this mean I’m dead (I have eaten several packs)? :lmao:

A 06\04 4158
C 03\04 4137
G 01\05 5052

Please help!

Best regards,
Paul.

Paul.
As far as i am aware it goes as follows:
The letter is the menu number 06/04 is the packing date.
the final 4 numbers are the last 4 of the 13 figure NSN (nato stock number) which idetifys the ration pack by stock rather than menu.

Hope that helps.

Cronos

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
cronos said:
Paul.
As far as i am aware it goes as follows:
The letter is the menu number 06/04 is the packing date.
the final 4 numbers are the last 4 of the 13 figure NSN (nato stock number) which idetifys the ration pack by stock rather than menu.

Hope that helps.

Cronos

Not only does it help, cronos, but the information about the NSN is seriously ‘cool’.

Thank you :)

Best regards,
Paul.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Did anyone check out the boat ? I got me a liking for that assault boat . Although i cant work out what that Green plank has on it ( other than the throttle)
Might get one instead of a canoe
Pumbaa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE